District Mission Statement
Millard Public Schools guarantees each student exemplifies the knowledge, skills, and character necessary for personal excellence and responsible citizenship through an innovative, world-class educational community that challenges and empowers all students.
Cather Mission Statement
Willa Cather Elementary guarantees students will demonstrate high achievement and academic growth by providing diverse and innovative learning opportunities designed to actively engage and challenge all students. Willa Cather’s Core Knowledge Academy, a distinctive learning community, provides a safe and caring environment committed to developing responsible citizenship and character in our global society.
- All students will meet or exceed district and state standards; the achievement gap between subgroups will decrease annually; and overall performance on district, state, and national assessments will increase annually.
- Individual student growth on district, state, and national assessments will increase annually and exceed national targets.
- The percentage of students participating in and performing at high levels on measures of national and/or international educational excellence will increase annually.
- All students will demonstrate the character and positive behaviors necessary for personal excellence and responsible citizenship.
- We will increase student achievement and growth in all academic areas for all students.
- We will provide innovative learning opportunities and leverage digital tools to nurture creativity, collaboration, communication, and critical thinking skills.
- We will capitalize on the success of the Core Knowledge Academy program by evaluating program needs and engaging our stakeholders to grow the program.